Wednesday, December 20, 2006

New Year Thought


In the coming year I am choosing to be less tolerant; yea it's a big step because I have always been taught that tolerance was a goal to reach, that to be a good person you had to be tolerant of all people. After a careful study and a lot of thought I've reach the following ideas on tolerance;

Tolerance is an hateful word. Tolerance means, "I tolerate you." It means that I am allowed to continue to believe the ignorant, backwards lies I have always been told about you, but I can manage to be next to you because I'm a really great guy.

Some people seem to think that tolerance is ok, and as long as your not getting bashed or bashing people, it's Ok. I Don't accept it and I will not be ignorant enough spread it around thinking I am being noble. I need to stop tolerating, and start understanding each person; ask questions if I don't get it listen long enough to hear what is said, think for myself.

I personally want people to stop legitimating love, stop being insistant that love be about laws, obligation, and oppression. No teaching anywhere expresses love works like that. If people are fond of quoting religion then they need to read and learn about what they are saying, stop pushing the same set of lies that were force fed. I want to love with all my heart all the time. Let that love be genuine, hate true evil, Love people with affection, and show honor to all people I love.

My ideal is simple; Treat everyone with Kindness, be relentless with respect, love equally, stop tolerating and start understanding.

No comments: